Etiquette, Charm, and Beauty for the Woman of Today

Musings on etiquette, charm, and beauty from days of yore. A comparative analysis of the way things used to be, the way they are, and the way they should be.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Welcome to my blog!

Dear Reader,

I welcome you to my most recent creation--a blog where you, dear reader, can discuss at length your opinions on etiquette, charm, and beauty for to-day. At my advanced age, I have seen many changes in these areas and would love to speculate as to the reasoning for the people of to-day to have just gone "downhill" in regard to their appearance, activities, and manners. I find it just dreadful! And the children...we must return to the old days of good discipline. More on that later...

Until next time...
HF

3 Comments:

Blogger njcopperhead said...

Wonderful idea, my dear. These United States are rather shabbily turned out these days.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Hildegarde Fillmore said...

Thank you, kind reader. I see you are a supporter of the good old South from your user name. I hail from those parts and will be pleased to exchange words with you on the gentility of same.

Until next time...

HF

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree with copperhead - hail the grays!(Even though there is a rather unconscionable grammatical error in the anthem of the once might confederacy. it's, "i wish i WERE in Dixie", not i wish i wuz.." how horrid. Let us all remember our subjuntive mood). I digress. This is so necessary. So many pay not a wit of attention to themselves or give any consideration to others. Thank you, kind Hildegarde, for taking the proper steps to ensure propriety and decency once again return to the forefront of today's misguided and somewhat pedestrian culture.

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Intervention
Intervention/body>