Etiquette, Charm, and Beauty for the Woman of Today

Musings on etiquette, charm, and beauty from days of yore. A comparative analysis of the way things used to be, the way they are, and the way they should be.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Charm: A Slip of the Slip

Dear Readers,

I must tell you about a dreadful situation I encountered at church this morning. I was chatting with a lovely lady, one of our church's most esteemed members, to be sure, when I noticed something black showing through her very rich looking pink cashmere sweater, donned with pearls, of course. The black item was a slip showing though!! I almost gasped when I noticed it, but of course, since I have been schooled in the finer things, kept my astonishment to myself, making mental note for my posting later, however. Ladies, I am sure that this was an innocent mistake, especially knowing this lady personally; however, please check your mirrors before you leave your home as not to be caught in a fashion faux pas. All that would have been needed to be adjusted was the slip and this outfit would have been acceptable. Only wear dark slips under dark clothing. White or flesh colored slips shall be worn under light clothing. When in doubt, go with the flesh colored slip--you will never be incorrect.

Until next time...

HF

Do you have a question for Mrs. Fillmore? Please send an email to hildegardefillmore@hotmail.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Intervention
Intervention/body>