Etiquette, Charm, and Beauty for the Woman of Today

Musings on etiquette, charm, and beauty from days of yore. A comparative analysis of the way things used to be, the way they are, and the way they should be.

Monday, June 23, 2008

The One that Started It All...Aspercreme

Dear Reader,

By now I am sure that you have taken up "arms" against these would be advertisers to let them know of their faulty methods in attracting our attention. Well, I want to show you what our work has accomplished. Please see below the first advertisement which lit the fire of my illustrious campaign:

Aspercreme_Ad

After I viewed this, I contacted my dear sister in Bronxville, who had also recently seen this advertising disaster, and commented on the fact that I could not believe how such filth was able to get "on the air". How was it that these junior executives came up with these marketing campaigns? I was puzzled. Then alas, she reminded me of how such a thing could happen: "they were raised by wolves, dear sister". The truth was out there. Yes, there is a generation of people out there who were indeed "raised by wolves", "raised in a barn", what have you, etc. I see it as my divine duty to educate through my posts and via my letters of complaint to these advertisers. Thanks to the efforts of the ladies out there, this advert is no longer running. Won't you join me in this for a delightful little summer project?

Until next time,

HF

Do you have a question for Mrs. Fillmore? Please send an email to hildegardefillmore@hotmail.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Intervention
Intervention/body>